Sunday, September 19, 2021

Plum Awesome Cake


Plum Awesome Cake Recipe
Butter an 8 or 9 inch (I use any pan, even cast iron. If you want to pull want spring form pan look with pretty edges displayed...I just used parchment to pull it out of regular pan)
Preheat oven to 375°
Beat together ½ cup softened unsalted butter and 1 cup sugar
Add 2 eggs, one at a time
Mix in 1 tsp each almond and vanilla extracts
Sift together and add 2 cups flours and 4 tsp baking powder
The batter will be stiff but cram it into the prepared pan, smooth with spatula
It will not seem like enough batter for a cake but it is
Pit and quarter 10 to 12 plums ( I use as many as it takes of the tiny plums my neighbor so graciously shares with me)
Stand each plum piece in the batter not touching the edges of the pan or each other
Mix together 1/4cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake
It will make a lovely crust on top
Bake for 25 - 40 minutes or till golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. (Will vary depending on size of pan. I serve with a homemade whipping cream flavored with a little of the almond & vanilla extract too!
This cake freezes VERY WELL you can enjoy it in January too! (I don't remember if this is true but trying it again 😉 )

No comments:

Post a Comment