Monday, September 28, 2009

Afternoon Delight

Monday, September 21, 2009

Afternoon Delight ~ Seriously.....it might take you all afternoon to get thru this ;)

I have no idea where this month has gone! Before I knew it August was over & we are rolling right into my favorite month…September! Yay!....

Let’s skip to Wednesday Sept, 2: The Lovely Miss Melina Melina & Gus Gus came for a visit. We had a delightful night of drinks, movie, girl talk & laughing until we were crying! It was outstanding! ;) Thanks Melina! You are the bestest!....

Filer, ID....

Thursday brought the 1st stop on rodeo tour I was about to begin. Team Sankey was in full force at Filer, Idaho. Some of my favorite people in the world: Bob Marriott, J2 Brown Family, Ryan, Ike, DeeDee, Rowena, Will, Hot Joe & of course Miss Melina Melina! It was a perfect night for rodeo! The light of the Ferris Wheel, smell of carmel apples looming on the breeze, crisp fall air & a County Fair crowd all cheering for a bucking horse riding! Melina & I helped Bob with his pickup horses, best seat in the house! Thanks for letting us help out Bob. It was great to see everyone! ....

As I went to leave, Ike was talking with a some of the crew at a trailer. I told him that They’d done a good job tonight. Keep up the good work & I was off to keep the Dillon crew in line J …I think I’m hilarious ;)....

Hamer, ID ....

The next morning Melina Melina helped me load up a pile of furniture….the big move has began! Wowzer…you just never realize how blessed you are until you go to move all your stuff! ;) Thanks Melina! I couldn’t have done it without you.....

That’s right, I’m moving back to Hamer, Idaho! Pretty excited! Thank you to Regg, McKell, Nancy, Mom, Dad, & everyone who has helped with the big project! 2 loads down…unknown left ;) ....

….I had skipped straight to the Dillon stories but then remembered….the hunting expedition. 1st night at the new house, unpacking things. I hear a scrambling sound coming from the master bathroom. Oh no…..a mouse! Aww….where is a Stoecklein book when I need it! (I wish this line had been added for dramatic effect..no, sadly enough that thought crossed my mind!) Hmmm…..I run into the kitchen frantically looking for a weapon! Awha! I grab the garbage can…dumb it out on the floor & capture him underneath it! Yay! Caputre……oh wait…now I have a mouse under a garbage can….hmmm. I go to the kitchen & two other mice show their beety little faces….& I only have 1 garbage can. So…I leave & go stay at my Aunt Nancy’s J ....

Regroup the next morning, visiting the hardware store for a Mouse Arsenal! Wish me luck!....

Dillon, MT....

Anyway….let’s get back to fun, friends & rodeo! Dillon, Montana bound….YAY!!!!! I LOVE DILLON! Mr Wade Sankey is awesome & put on a good little rodeo. Matt Twitchell was picking up so Rita, Rugger (Kelly Jennings son), & I helped with his horses. Getting to ride great horses while watching bucking horses in Dillon, MT! Really does it get much better than that! (lol, I laughed as I said that….I don’t think I have any surpressed desires to be a pickup chic…but maybe ;) Mr Kelly Jennings & Mike Anderson were bull fighting. Oh & don’t forget about the amazing Billy Ward family! Even if no one else had been in town the crew alone would have been a blast to hang out with! It was like a Christmas! Not only was there an amazing crew….It was Dillon Labor Day weekend & lots & lots of old friends had came to town to play! Tate Else & Olie Belles, always a delight to see! It was like a UM-Western Rodeo Reunion! Jason Olson, Clay Martin, Cowboy Stovall, Shane Moran, James Irish…..oh I couldn’t even begin to list all the amazing friends that I got to see. It was like a trip up to Olie’s office in college…big hugs being handed out everywhere! For about an hour Sunday night the Metlin even had a brief moment where it felt like the good ol days in the Club with all the old crew!....

No matter how much fun was had, It’s never the same without my girls! Tiffany Marie Wagner, Brittani Brusett, Angie Hucke, Carrie Hayes & Melina Melina….You were all greatly missed!!!....

As much fun as I had, no stories that I can think of that were blog worthy. If I was worried about my upcoming birthday, I’m certainly not now. Pretty sure no one over the age of 22 tried to take me home, always great for the ego…lol. (fyi~ I went home alone ;) ....

Thanks again to Wade for letting me hang out & Mr Matt Twitchell for letting us help with his horses. Great rodeo weekend! Also, a good way to be EXHAUSTED for the next two days of rodeo I still had in Idaho....

Monday morning rolled around & after a night of partaking in the sauna of good times to be had on the dance floor I was ready to head south. Oh wait, not quite….Olie calls & I’m silly enough to answer my phone. She needs people to ride the Western Rodeo float in the parade….seriously! Me in my Dirty Rotten Buckers Hoody, unbrushed hair, and no makeup…….doing the princess wave & throwing candy! Lol….OUTSTANDING! I’d forgotten how much fun throwing candy at people is ;) Thanks Olie! Surprisingly enough, I had a great time!....

Idaho Bound....

Idaho Bound, for real this time! I barely get home & Dad is calling to sort horses….ugg….stop bugging me people…I just need a nap after sleepless nights in Dillon! J2 is a horse back & I go out a foot to block a hole or 5 in the fence. Wowzer…J2’s chubby sister had forgotten just what sorting horses in Hamer is like! Drifted sand piles, wind blowing in your face and running in slow motion! Once we finally got in the sorting pen, J2 needed some help so I step in to hold one side of the herd. Wow….I’m a regular cutting horse…maybe an out of shape cutting horse…but I had some moves ;) Sorting for the finals & Dad is ever so helpfully telling the horses I can take the next weekend. (seriously, Dad…I’m tired…I barely remember my own name right now & I dang sure am not going to remember the list you are rattling off to me right now….just sayin ;)....

The Eastern Idaho State Fair & ImPRA Finals! Yay! Fair food, yay! Seriously, that is my favorite part of the whole fair. Ummm, Love the Bread barn!!! The rodeo went good. Lots of bosses & not very many workers but what can ya do. Reggarooni is outstanding & 1 of my very favorite people to work with! I love our horses! They had chosen a solid set of bucking horses from us & everything performed well. I love that set of mares! We have been blessed with some amazing horses! ....

Boys are silly. I have a kid come ask me if I know Jay’s horses. I tell him I should know the horses that are here. He tells me what he has…I give him a funny look & ask “Are you sure you haven’t had her before?” He assures me he hasn’t so I go to my book to look her up. Hmmm, just as I had suspicioned…He had her over the 4th of July in Hailey & it was 1 of the best bareback rides of the summer….Silly boys! Well, He goes out & the click real well again. Places on her & maybe wins the round…cant remember for sure…but it was good! As he walks back to the chute…He says to me “She bucked better with me this time…more kick” I reply…Oh ya, ….this coming from the guy who didn’t remember her at all 30 minutes ago! ….silly boys! J ....

Congratulations to my Aunt Nancy for getting the Timer of the Finals! You rock! Thanks for letting me stay at your room too J Also, congrats to Trevor Fuhriman on being the pickup man of the year! We are all so proud of you both!....

The next couple days were spent making messes & packing more furniture to move. A huge thank you to my Mom for all her time & help. You rock Mom! Love you!....

Eric Hoggan Memorial Rodeo....

Rodeo time again, I can’t believe that it is that time of year already! Dubois, Idaho….fall rodeo! Even more unbelieveable…the 14th annual Eric Hoggan Memoorial Rodeo! Wow, 14 years, how time flies and stands still all at once.....

Dad & King’s had 3 other rodeos so I was sent to Dubois & I wouldn’t have it any other way. David & Regg brought a hand full of horses & all the bulls. Thanks for trucking the stock Regg. You are a huge life savor. Little J2 & Richard gathered for me. J2 is a stud & such good help! I couldn’t have done it without him! A huge thank you to each & every person who donated their time to make that day possible! ....

My Montana boys came through for me in the bronc riding! Brian Dawson passed a sign up sheet around in Dillon Labor Day weekend and brought me a truck load of bronc riders…even if they did call to enter at 2 in the morning J It was a great rodeo! Dad let me take a jam up set of horses. Bucked off all but 1 bronc rider. As it turns out…the horses the bronc riders didn’t deem good enough to go to the finals..they were pretty jam up! 6 bronc, 13 Stock Saddle and 9 bull riders, we had a good little rodeo! Also, an improvement from the last rodeo I did….I didn’t get knocked out..lol. Thank you to Joe Slagowski for faithfully running neck ropes! ;) ....

One of the funniest parts of the day had to be when David turns to me & says… “Who flanked that horse?” Regg & I turn & look at each other….not us….ya, No one! Lol….he still bucked ok….but they had started the Stock Saddle Bronc riding with out us….lol. ....

The chutes in Dubois are old school wood on the back side. Well, one of the top planks felt loose. A bronc rider & I leaned on it at the same time & I felt like we might fall in the chute. His buddy was actually hold on to 1 side of it. Well it just so happened that this chute drew a chute fighting & the chute lost. Big Bird is the horse. He is really really tall. You can’t roll him once the saddle is on our he will rip the horn off. Well, they are having trouble getting out on him. I give the guy another horse cuz Big Bird is being a pig…laying down, flipping over & smashing up his saddle. Jaron Downs wants a horse & says he’ll get out on him. I have to give Jaron an atta boy! He got him saddle & got out on him! Big Bird had knocked the top planks off the chute….I thought I might need to sit down to flank him. I was standing right next to the horse….just 1 board left down by my lower shins…It was weird & I’m sure even funnier to watch ;) Jaron cowboyed up & got out on that big clammering pile of horse flesh. I was impressed. ....

Again, thank you to each and every contestant that entered, the Dubois Committee & Community, Kings & Hoggan Rodeo & everyone who donated time to make the 2009 Eric Hoggan Memorial Rodeo a success.

After the best steak dinner known to man, Regg, J2, Houston & I headed over to load the semi to head for home. J2 rode with me. He is talking NON STOP! (shocking…must run in the family ;) He is telling me wind westy’s with not even an once of truth in them….that is inbetween telling me to turn up the radio so he can sing along to Taylor Swift! He’s such a dork. ....

He askes me about what I’m going to use a room for at my house. I tell him it will be a guest room. I’ll decorate it with a cowboy theme & that is where he can stay when he comes over. He gets real excited & says Oh Awesome! I can bring over all my stuffed horses from my bed & keep them at your house! IT WILL BE LIKE HAVING THEM ON PASTURE! Seriously, that kid cracks me up! ....

J2 asked a lot of questions about Eric on our drive home. It’s funny how he askes about him…never actually knowing him…only what others have told him…& some of those didn’t even know him. I guess all any of us really have left are our memories and most have selective memories at that ;) After all this time, I still miss him.

Pendleton

The season winding down, I text Jake to see when they are up in Pendleton? Wednesday, wanna go! The answer to that would be an overwhelming Heck Yes! ;) Jake points out that this is the last trip of the season & I haven’t even went with them once this year! Ridiculous, I know! Jake & Jesse show up Tuesday night with dinner & a movie! What studs! Always a good time! ....

7:30 am on the road & home by 11:30 that night! Quick trip but action packed every step of the way! Pendleton, Pendleton, Pendleton……AWWWW, Bucking Horses on Grass! I LOVE IT!!! The entire rodeo is amazing! Even the team roping is awesome on the grass & the barrel race is 2nd to none! Some of my favorite people in the world are there. Ike Sankey has put together an All-Star crew & it shows! Some of the handiest pickup men in the world! It was fun to get to see crew from different outfits that I hadn’t seen all summer! Hugs, hellos, queen waves & thank you all for coming! Ms Kacie & Ryan Sankey & myself made our way to the stands for a rather grand time. Kacie & I ordered 2 large waters before the rodeo . I gurauntee you …a lot thought it was vodka because the 3 of us girls hooped & hollered the entire rodeo! How could you not….pickup men….pickup men & more pickup men…Jake…..Jesse…..Keith Isley….Jake Wade….Colin McTaggart…..just sayin….there were a lot of things to hoop it up about! ;) ....

It was great to see everyone! Thanks again to Kacie & Ryan for letting me hang out with them. Great great great to see everyone! Miss Becci Glover & Ben Londo, also adorable & super fun! What a fun little trip! All time highlight had to be riding in the back seat on the way home. Jke & Jesse are sitting in the front. We’re watching Anchorman ….the song Afternoon Delight comes on…..Jake & Jesse…in unison …..sing along in perfect harmony to the entire thing! Hilarious!!!!! Thanks again for letting me go with ya guys! You are awesome! Love ya!....

Insert Pendleton Pics






























Wow, I know…it’s a lot to take in J Hope you had fun on the ride. Western’s College Rodeo in Dillon, Montana is the next venue lined up on the agenda! Hope to see ya there! ....

Have a great week!....

Love ya, ....

Mindy ....

p.s. Thoughts to ponder ~ ....

  • How can you talk for hours with someone you have very very little in common with & then after 5 minutes of conversation have nothing to say to someone who you have everything in common with!?! Yes, I know it seems like I talk a lot but there are some people that after I get off the phone with them..I’m quite certain I’m incapable of caring on a conversation & a social misfit!....

No comments:

Post a Comment