Monday, September 28, 2009

Down in Flames

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wowzer, the whirlwind we call fall!
Going down in flames with the fleeting summer fun!
....


I've taken to long of a writing vacation so my return to the keyboard is bound to be bumpy...bare with me.....prepare to be exhausted by the end of the trail :) I do have to warn you that these stories will be more human than most of my stories. They lack the regular filters that I usually apply to keep a slight glimpse of normality. They are a lot more exposed with all the glory human insecurities entail
J

Here are just some brief stops from my travels:


Company ~ Thanks Wy....

  • Thanks to cute Wyatt Smith for laying over for a few days in Gooding. It was great to have company! Wy was at the house in between Caldwell & Goodings rodeo perfs. (He got to witness how bad I can drag my feet if the trip isn't my idea :)....yes, I am a BRAT...with a Capitol B) Which leads us to our next adventure........

Chicago....

  • ...........C~H~I~C~A~G~O!!!!! That's right in the midst of summer fun I packed up my bags & flew to Chicago for a wedding. ( I know I should never admit this in public....but the thought ran thru my mind ....That's fine if you want to get married during Rodeo Season....but I don't want to come!....horrible I know) Don't worry, I decided to put on my big girl panties & deal with it! ....


Thursday night found I could be found having a dress up party with the lovely Miss Melina Melina! Thank you for being moral support & helping me pick out clothes for my big city trip! (FYI ~ Melina made the the best sack lunch for our flight...best sandwich I've ever had! OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks to Melina & Barbara Zamora for letting us stay & the ride to the airport. You are the bestest ;)

It was a whirlwind trip. Fly in,….traffic…. retal car, …..traffic….hotel,…..traffic….. rehearsal, rehearsal dinner…..traffic, back to hotel for night. Afternoon wedding, get there early for pics & to make sure we make it thru….oh wait….traffic. The windy city sure has a lot of people in it! It was just like on tv…the buildings stacked on top of each other. There were some amazing architectural sites. The church the service was held at was amazing!

insert pics of Chicago....









Painting on the celing of coridoor of church



Wedding Isle


After the ceremony, Mike, Gracian (the dad), John & I loaded back up into the rental car & headed towards the reception. (you guessed it ;) more traffic) At least once on the way…we called to make sure we weren’t lost because it seemed like we were headed into the “bad part of town” We made it safe & sound! Halleluiah (Side Note ~ I’m crazy….crazy for sayin this once & just plain slow for telling it to you now…..Here goes~ the 4 of us are riding in the car. Mike is driving & Gracian (John’s Dad) is sitting in the front passenger seat. I’m sitting behind him. While stopped at a stop light, a man in a pickup truck beside us waves….ok….thats nice. Friendly welcoming people…probably was at the wedding….Ya…well he keeps looking at Gracian….staring….for a looooonnnnggg time! The light is about ready to change…as we go thru the intersection & the truck turns the other way….these words leave my mouth…. “Gracian, If that guy isn’t part of the wedding party…I think he might have a crush on you!” ..(yes, I know…..who in there right mind says that to someone….let alone your dates DAD! Wow, if nothing else I’m making life a lot easier for the next girl ;) ....

Moving on…. J The reception was a good time. Fabulous food, good music & danced the night away! As a lot of you have seen all to well….That oh so loveable Mindy at the party that is sober but everyone assumes is drinking …or atleast wishes she was so that she had an excuse ;) Even though I’d drug my feet about going I had a GREAT time! What a fun family! ....

The bet~ This brings us to a wager that was placed that night. Chris bets John that he won’t do the “Wedding Dance” off of the 8 seconds movie. After a few drinks & a mounting pile of persuarion…the pot is at $300! Pretty easy money…the song is requested & the boys head out on the dance floor for a foot stompin good time! Well….that’s awesome….except…John’s girlfriend is evil…..his wallet was in her purse…& there was a little over 300 in cash in it…..ya…she totally conspired with the brothers & cousins….for the “bet pot” & he won his own money J H~I~L~A~R~I~O~U~S~!!!! …..It’s a good thing he thinks she ‘s hot or that little stunt might have got her in trouble ;)....

A huge thank you to Mike for driving thru the crazy traffic, Gracian for always being a gentleman & opening the door & John for putting up with me. John’s cousin, Alaney, is an absolute hoot! Had a blast with her! Last but certainly not least, Thank you to Tim & Caroline for letting me be a part of their big day! Congratulations & Best Wishes!




Back in the West by Sunday, thank you Barbara for the ride from the airport. We are a sweetheart. The weekend winding down, John & I packed up & headed towards our home. Before we split ways we stopped for a little stop for dinner. I swear that boy & I could talk for years! Light showers coming down & the smell of rain in the air as we headed back out to our cars, I even talked him into dancing in the rain ;) Twirling around the parking lot getting soaked! What a fairy tale ending! If you’re gonna go down, you might as well go down in flames!....

No comments:

Post a Comment