Monday, September 28, 2009

They Rodeo'd Off Into the Sunset

They Rodeo’d off Into the Sunset

I’ve completely lost track of the days….if there wasn’t a rodeo…I just don’t know! J ....

Tremonton, UT ~ August 27th~ Jesse stops by after an all night drive to grab a few hours of sleep. Tyrell arrives a few hours later…maybe on the way from Kennewick (I don’t remember) They are headed to Tremonton, UT & then parting ways. I hop in with Jesse cuz who doesn’t love a fun lil road trip J ! Thank you for letting me tag along Punkin! I had a great time! Quick trip filled with tons of friends: Lovely Miss Melina, Jake Hayworth, the talented Matt Twitchell, Bob Marriott, John Wright, Mindy Clark, & the entire Reeder family! It was a blast! I’m even sharpening my video skills…aka..trying to push record when they go & not get every bronc ride but Jesse’s ;) ....

I was so proud of myself…well…Jesse gets a re-ride. Ya, the pressures on now…I have to not miss his ride twice (this coming from a girl who drove all night to Salinas & missed his bronc ride) Anyway….I’m in position & ready. He’s about to nod…the screen is black…just as the thought crosses my mind the lens cap….a Nice Young Man from BEHIND the Chutes yells…MINDY You have to take the Lens Cap off! Oh, wow! I got the ride but…seriously…how embarrassing! J lol Atleast I got the bronc ride!....

Mr Tyrell Smith was kind enough to let me catch a ride home with him on his way back to …some rodeo that direction ;) Thanks again to Tyrell & Jesse for stopping. Always great to see you! ....

Insert pics









Salmon, ID....

Friday morning….much later than a person should be getting up for the day, the next adventure is well under way. John is entered in Salmon Coeur d’ Alene (or however you spell that blasted town) We load up in the cute lil Blue Pontiac G6 & head up the road! What a great drive…until you hit Challis & the winding river front road begins! We made it in good time. Perfect actually, because the best hospitality food in the world was hot & coming off the grill! Tri Tip that was to die for! A huge atta boy to the Salmon rodeo committee, OUTSTANDING! ....

(When walking over to the hospitality tent, a guy hollered at John & I to say hello. They were a little ways back & I honestly didn’t recognize them. It was one of my dearest friends from college & an ex-boyfriend. Funny how only a few years ago there voice would have made my heart stop beating & I didn’t even notice them today. Time is a miraculous thing I guess)....

Mom & Jim had a few bucking horses out so instead of just being a trophy girl I threw on some work clothes & pretended I wasn’t helpless & helped behind the chutes. J Rodeo went ok. Got to see Enrique (a stud Dad sold at NFR sale a few years ago) in the broncs. He was ok but still prefer him in the bares! Lots of Montana guys entered up there. Always fun to see the old college crew! ....

We are behind the chutes & John is waiting for his horse to roll in. This kid has John cornered and is talking his leg off. There is a clown act with a rodeo queen (queen is between 18-23 probably) & a dating contest. She askes the 5 contestants questions to choose who will be her date for the night. At the end she chooses the youngest guy, maybe 10 or 11. He has the choice to go on the date or get a free t-shirt & water bottle….He chooses the later…hahaha….funny funny…Moving on with the rodeo. Well, John & this kid are standing behind me. My back is towards them. This kid says to John…Oh Boy! I’d would have choosen the girl! By Golly! I’m probably too old for her though….I just turned 18 last week! I almost peed my pants laughing…still turned away from them (I could have been laughing at the clown act…John wanting to kick me as he choked back the laughter J Hilarious! I’m probably to old…just turned 18....

Hamilton, MT....

Careful not to let any grass grow under our feet, the rodeo trail was calling our name. Headed back down the road. We made camp in Hamilton, Mt for the night. Much to our dismay…No 4B’s Tomato Soup in Hamilton anymore L We were up in enough time to do a little shopping that morning! Love that cute little town! ....


Coeur d eAlene, ID ....

The road to Coeurd’alene was construction filled..which is better than the other Montana season alternative which is…winter ;) We still made great time. He could have been entered in the bareback riding if he wanted we were there so early! Hanging out at another delightful hospitality tent. The theme was gambling & there was big dice out on the tables…that kept us entertained for quite some time….funny…everytime I rolled 6’s the stakes were always a lot higher J Chase was entered there too & came over to visit for a bit. The Amazing Mr Keith Isley even graced us with his presence for awhile. So lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people! ....

Rodeo time~ oh, wow….sometimes I forget what the rodeo spectator experience is like. It was jam packed! You had to sit sideways on the bench just to be able to breathe. A big guy almost sat on me…my life kinda flashed before my eyes J It was an awesome crowd, full of Enthusiasm! Jill Frazen Schrock was doing the music. Along with Mr Keith Isley, they were rockin the crowd, on fire! John rode a bucker & most everything out in that perf was nice. Great rodeo, even if we did leave after the 1st section of Broncs ;) Our next engagement was quite a few miles down the road. Lol…livin the dream ;)

Insert pic




Dillon, MT....

If you roll up to Dillon, MT at 2 in the morning, It’s hard not to stop into the Long Horn Saloon for a bite to eat J Oh wow, it did not disappoint! The 1st Saturday night out on the town since the college had been back in session & the town was bustling. I even ran into some rodeo guys getting some after bar breakfast. ....

John & I are sitting at a table for 2. Across the walk way from us way a group that had been partaking in all that the night had to offer & possibly over served ;) There is a girl that is fairly vocal & quite an interesting array of topics were spewing from her mouth. She is talking to John from across the isle. (while she was talking to her sister at the same table, pretty sure she said something about his girlfriend being hotter) Well, I go to the powder room & the 1st thing I hear when I come back was “ You’re girlfriend has NICE EVERYTHING”….Wow, I’m not sure what I just walked into! LOL Upon hearing more of the story…it got even funnier! While I was gone she had apparently forgotten that John was dining with someone. She says she needs to get out more & they should meet up there every Thurs, Fri, Saturday. Then I returned & she continued with….But you’re girlfriend is prettier than me….with the up & down look…She has Nice Everything! :0 Hilarious! Pretty sure she would have taken us both home! (FYI: we went home alone ;)....

Hamer, Idaho bound the next morning. We stopped for a few hours, picked up Dad & J2 to head Pocatello. Running to grab a bite to eat before our meeting. Lil J2 & I are fighting about what restaurant to eat at. We pull up to the exit & he leans forward & says “How’s this gonna work if you don’t do what I tell you to! (SERIOUSLY!) That kid! I reply with a “You just sit back & watch! The bad thing was that my restaurant was closed so we went to his anyway! Dad thinks it’s great cuz he says J2 is the only one that keeps me in line. In fact when we left, Dad told John “Good Luck…You’re gonna need it!” ....

We were in Pocatello for the ImPRA finals stock selection meeting. (I know sounds like code word for big huge fight) It actually went pretty well. Ok atleast, they took a nice solid set of mares. I’m looking forward to the finals & even more excited for the Eric Hoggan Memorial Rodeo because I get to take anything they didn’t deem worthy to go to the finals!....

After the meeting, I loaded the crew up for icecream. We tried Cold Stone but it was closed so we hit up Wal Mart’s freezer section & ate icecream out bags of salt stacked on the sidewalk. J We’re those people ;) (I told John that & He replied ..he’d never seen anyone buy icecream & eat it on the side walk out side Wal Mart ;)....

On the road again, a vehicle swap in the mix, pick up with horse trailer in tow. Cruising down the road, low & behold a fabulous Idaho sunset! Thank you to John for letting me tag along for a great rodeo weekend!....

insert sunset pics










No comments:

Post a Comment