Stories are rolling in so fast I have to get these wrote before I forget they ever existed!
- What a whirlwind summer! RODEO, RODEO, RODEO!!! Mud Lake,ID ~ Leadore, ID ~ Dirty Rotten Bucker’s ~ Dillon, MT ~ Darby, MT ~ Dubois, ID, ~Challis, ID ~ Hailey, ID ~ McCammon, ID ~ Arco, ID ~ St. Anthony, ID ~ Whitehall, MT ~ Rupert, ID ~ Mud Lake Fair & Rodeo! ….ya, that pretty much maps out where the trail has taken me this year!
- (Wrote this tab this spring : ) Coming down off the Rodeo high. Had a great weekend of bucking horses! Worked hard & was busy! I love it! Coming down off the rodeo high tonight. Love when you have a great crew, are surrounded by amazing friends, everything bucks, fans in the stands & it all comes together….aww….SPECTACTULAR!
Don’t get me wrong, I love to come home & sleep in my own bed. But there is a sadness to a rodeo grounds that was once filled with the hustle & bustle …..once everyone has gone home & just the empty trailer tracks remain.
Haven’t wrote in awhile. Been keeping good & busy on the rodeo trail! Love it! David sent me to the Mud Lake & Leadore high school rodeos in the Freightliner. My shifting is getting better. Horses are bucking well & all spring blue skies & sunshine have been following me around. Love that : )
- Jordan Valley Big Loop ~ Flat hats, Camp fire stores, Big Loops & Bed Rolls! What a great event!
Highlight for me was getting to watch the old mares buck on Sunday! They truly make my heart go pitter patter!
- DIRTY ROTTEN BUCKERS~ Congratulations to Bob Marriott & the entire rodeo family that works so hard to make this a success! GREAT weekend debuting the bucking horse future! Keep your eyes on Jess Martin & MONIDA RODEO CO’s horses in the future! They sure walked away with a lot of the prize money! ~ http://www.dirtyrottenbuckers.com/
- Memorial weekend we kept the highways warm too! J2 & I drove to Utah for the Dirty Rotten Bucking Horse Futurity! Bob Marriott & crew put on a great event! It was an honor to be a part of! Super cute merchandise too! Dirty Rotten Bucker Remuda Award went to Jess Martin of Monida Rodeo Co. ! He also took home the 1st in the saddle bronc horses & tied for 1st & 2nd in the Barebacks. Congratulations to Jess & Monida Rodeo!
- DILLON, MT
No rest for the wicked, loading up after the futurity & heading to the one & only Dillon, Montana for the 1st official MONIDA RODEO CO. RODEO! Monida Rodeo Company is comprised of Jess Martin, Fred Hirschy, Jay Hoggan, & Gene King. These cowboy legends are joining forces to put together a power house rodeo company! I wish them all the luck in the world!
Dillon, Montana is a WESTERN town! They had such wonderful community support. A huge thank you to each & every person that helped make the 1st annual Western Alumni Rodeo a success! We couldn’t have done it without you!
As usual, Blue Skies & sunshine pulled throw for us! Sunday couldn’t have been better weather! Lots of great cowboys & cowgirls were entered! Monday, we had a few light showers but nothing to complain about. Just enough to justify rockin my cute raincoat ; )
- HOME - Hoggan Rodeo was on the rodeo trail in Nevada so Tuesday, upon returning home I assumed the chore responsibilities. Anyone who has been around the Hoggan Longhorn cows, bucking bulls, and fences….just insert your own amusing stories here. THANK YOU to the Dusty Peterson family for all their help with chores while I was gone rodeoing!
- DARBY, MT ~ What a great crew! Everyone pulled together, worked hard & put on a great rodeo! Also….HOW I LOVE RODEO COMMITTEE’S!
- Dubois, ID ~ Where the sage brush towers over the arena walls & the cowboys are run wild! I’m so proud of this lil rodeo! They took a huge risk going open 2 years ago & they are doing a great job! Good stock, great contestants & always working to make it better! THANK YOU to the all the talented contestants that put on such great rides to watch! Anyone in search of a real good ol fashion good time! Hit up the Dubois Rodeo every June or the ERIC HOGGAN MEMORIAL RODEO September 11, 2010
p.s. I know we haven't finished all the stops on the tour. Next blog coming soon!!!!
We have a long way to go & a short time to get there!!!
RODEO TALES & GYPSY TRAILS is made possible by:
LIL' RED ROAN ~ stop off & visit! http://www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan
DIRTY ROTTEN BUCKERS INC. http://www.dirtyrottenbuckers.com/