Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trick Riding

Hunting - Let me just tell you right from the get go…..I’m not a hunter. I have nothing against hunting but any of you that know me will very well know that …… Patient & Quiet…..well….they just aren’t my strong point!
Here is what I shot : ; )









I called my Dad when I got home to tell him that “Hunting” just wasn’t my thing. The whole Patient & Quiet ….just aren’t my thing. He replies ya, No kiddin! Remember the Trick Riding
Here is an ol’ story for ya. (To this day, this is one of my Dad’s very very favorite stories to tell)

TRICK RIDING ~
Dad, Matt D, and I head out with the pack horse to take some salt blocks up to the cows. I love Medicine Lodge now…..but when I was little….I hated it! I was terrified of heights and it took all the gumption I could muster to not worry myself to death. We are riding on a road…..so looking back at it logically….It couldn’t be that steep.
Well, we are out on top and the salt goes on the next ridge. We get to a big Up & Down in the road. On the other side is one of the biggest herds of elk you’ve ever seen! Dad says to me, “Let’s be really quite and see how close we can get to them.” The three of us head down the dip in the road. Roanie, my horse, and I are being very cautious. Ok, well, I’m actually holding him up. He is taking baby steps down the grade for me. Pretty soon, Dad & Matt get to the bottom and are making their way up the upside. I, however, am still only half way down. Well, ol’ Roanie decides that he has had about enough of that. (Or as my Dad tells it…He decided not to let this dumb girl get him lost & he better get with the rest of the herd)
Roanie & I take off like a race horse out of the gate! SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS as we blow by Dad and reach the top of the ridge! When Dad gets up to me he is mentions something about to Matt about “So much for being quiet” and then says to me……I SAW YOU TRICK RIDING!!!!
I had just survived what I thought to be a brush with death….and he was accusing me of TRICK RIDING!!! Oh, I was so mad! Don’t worry after him re-telling it thousands of times…I just nod, smile, and revel in being the star of the story : )

Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
is proudly brought to you by
Lil' Red Roan

Lil' Red Roan is gearing up for a busy November!
Join us on facebook to see are show schedule!
  • Lil' Red Roan Party ~ October 28th ~ Dillon, MONTANA

Lil' Red Roan , Scentsy, & Mary Kay Party!

When: October 28th, 2010

Time: 6:30

Where: Jody Beck Siderius home

151 Mustang Lane ~Dillon, MT

Join us for food, fun, and friends!!!

  • Lil' Red Roan OPEN HOUSE PARTY~ November 11 & 13th!!!!

Lil' Red Roan is hosting a house party! Come over & visit us. It will be a fun time with friends!

Guys...perfect time to pick out something for your special lady! We will be making WISH LISTS too!

Come see are full lines of jewelry, pocket knives, headstalls, love letters, picture frames, western tales & much more!!!

Also featuring:

Hand made winter hats by Ashley Leonardson.

Patty Whitaker hand crafted jewelry, wood burning, and much more!

Stop in Thursday or Saturday & see some of the your local hidden treasures!!!

  • Bruneau Cowboy Christmas ~ Nov. 20 - 21

Lil' Red Roan will have a booth at the Bruneau Cowboy Christmas! Super excited to head down and visit some of our friends a lil' further south! This is one of my very favorite shows & MY FAVORITE place to do my Christmas shopping! Talk about some unique, quality, handmade gifts!!!

For more info: Look them up on facebook!

  • Lil' Red Roan Special

Lil' Red Roan Steal of a Deal ~ ALL IN STOCK BOOKS BUY 2 Get 1 FREE!!!

Lots of titles to choose from! Perfect time to stock up on good reading material to cozy up by the fire for the long winter months ahead! Great for Christmas stocking stuffers too!










www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan

No comments:

Post a Comment