Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yummy Potatoes

Hey Hey Good Lookin'! What ya got cookin?!?

Family Holiday Party fast approaching and my assignment is POTATOES!
Well, I can't just make any potatoes. I'm an Idaho girl and their are expectations; )
so I'm going to make YUMMY Potatoes!

Yummy Potatoes are a recipe that I first collected in a high school home ec class. (As are most of the recipes in my recipe box, thank the Lord above for teachers ) It was contributed by Jonathon Yearsley.

Yummy Potatoes made the journey to college with me and were always a big hit to feed ...whoever happened to be sleeping on the couch or bean bag that week. Some friends...you know who you are....still insist that I make them whenever I come visit.

These Yummy Potatoes work just great in a dutch oven too! They have made their way down the rodeo trail to feed a hungry crew and even on a camp out or two. (Seriously, they are pretty much indestructible because I've tried ruining them...edible, every time :)

Great as left overs and just a happy food! Fun left overs, Soft Taco shell, add scoop of yummy potatoes, a some steak strips for a Bad A breakfast burrito! lol....I could go on & on.

With out further ado....

Yummy Potatoes

The black is the original recipe. The red is what I do with it.

Yummy Potatoes
6 medium potoes~ cooked, cooled, grated (I use 1 bag frozen or refrigerated shredded hashbrowns...if you want to get real exotic, use the onion & red pepper hasbrowns. I will be the 1st to admit...real potatoes that you cook, cool & grated yourself...do taste better)
1/4 cup butter (Butter or Marg dSoftened ~1/4 cup maragrine, cheaper)
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use cream of chicken but cream of mushroom works in a pinch too)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I just throw it in by the hand fulls, I use half orange cheese & half pepper jack to spice it up alittle)
2 cups crushed Cornflakes (I just grab handfulls and cover the top of dish)

Combine butter, sour cream, soup & cheese with grated potatoes. (aka~ throw it all in. Order doesn't matter just try to get all ingredients in ;) Put in baking dish & cover with 2 cups cruched cornflakes. Bake 350 for 30 minutes


Cast of Characters in today's dish!
Also ~ remember to preheat the oven at 350 degrees
Potatoes & Cheese Please!
I try to use local cheese and potatoes whenever possible.
Idaho's are the best :)

Add in the gooey goodness
(If you ar e out of Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom will work in a pinch)
9x13 Pan will fit to perfection :) I've made it in numerous sizes.
Fits a Basic Dutch oven just grand also.
I use Brand Name Kellog's Corn Flakes
(After a run in with a bad generic, decided I would stick with the tried and true!)
Let the Fun Begin! I recruited Ellie to help crunch up the corn flake topping!
Put in your preheated oven and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

30 minutes later you will have a bubbly hot delicious Potato dish that everyone at the table will want to devour!

What are you cooking this holiday season????? I look forward to hearing about the dishes that get your loved ones anxiously gathered around the table for a meal!!!

Thank you so much for traveling the gypsy trail with me today. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and I look forward to hearing about the goodies your making to set on your table!
Merry Christmas ~ Mindy

p.s.Here are some other recipes you might like:

  1. Sour Cream Apple Pie ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/02/sour-cream-apple-pie.html
  2. If the Chuck Wagon's Rockin ~ My Shepard's Pie ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/03/if-chuck-wagons-rockin-my-shepards-pie.html
  3. Uncle Jim's Famous Beer Batter Bread ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/09/uncle-jims-famous-beer-batter-bread.html
  4. Cowboy Approved Sandwiches ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/10/cowboy-approved-sandwich.html
  5. Best Brownies in the World ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/11/best-brownies-in-world.html
  6. Cheesy Card Game Chip Dip ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/11/cheesy-card-game-chip-dip.html
  7. Yummy Potatoes ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/12/yummy-potatoes.html
Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
is proudly brought to you by

Lil' Red Roan

LIKE us on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan

Visit us ONLINE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment