Sunday, November 27, 2011

Best Brownies in the World

~ Best Brownies in the World ~ ....or atleast that is what I have scribbled on the tablet paper from college that the recipe is written on. This is one of my favorite brownie recipes. I used to make it in college all the time. Brownies from scratch, tasty, light, quick, easy, and delicious! (lol...everything you look for in a college experience)

Ingredients
2 cups Sugar
2 cubes margarine (or butter) SOFTENED
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 TBS Coco, heaping
2 cups Flour

(variation, add Andes Mints pieces into the batter before cooking)

Toppings ~ After cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar or ice


2 cups Sugar & 2 cups Flour
(lol...pretty sure that the original recipe says to put flour as the last ingredient but I was distracted by the card game going on...apparently ....this recipe is flexible)

Add 4 Eggs
I crack them in a seperate bowl in case I get a bloody egg.
(Which I thought was a wives tale....until I cracked an egg a few weeks ago and it was bad)
2 HEAPING TBS Coco
Seriously....I just take pictures cause I love to see the colors combining into deliciousness!

ADD ALL INGREDIENTS in list....regardless if I shown in picture :)
MIX IT ALL TOGETHER

In college, I would whip up a batch of brownies...however....I hated mixing the batter. Lol....often that task would be passed off to one of our buddies hanging out on the couch or bean bag. Pretty sure Colt C. came over with a hand blender....as a gift. He said...he didn't use it. Lol....I think he was just sick of having to stir the brownie batter.

Sometime remind me to tell you the story about the time Colt got gored by a bull :)
Grease a 8x10 pan. I spray pan with PAM

Living on the edge.... Tonight I broke up Andes Mints & pushed them down randomly throughout one side of the pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
Ta Da! Delicious Homemade Brownies from scratch in no time!
I usually wait for it to cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar over the top.
You can also ice them :)

Today, the left side is Andes mint and then did a simple powdered sugar on the right side.

I would've got you a beautiful presentation picture of the finished product but the Card Game crowd devoured them :) You can't blame them. I didn't have a fire going yet and it was about 50 degrees in the house. Better weather to sell WILD Rags in ;)

Recipe Review:
Preheat Oven at 350 degrees
Grease 8x10 pan

Mix all Ingredients together thouroughly
2 cups Sugar
2 cubes margarine (or butter) SOFTENED
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 TBS Coco, heaping
2 cups Flour

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, depending on your altitude. I use a tooth pick to test to see if it's done. If it comes out sticky...a few more minutes. At my house 29 minutes is about perfection.

(variation, add Andes Mints pieces into the batter before cooking)

Toppings ~ After cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar or ice

Thank You so much for traveling the Gypsy Trail with me today!
Happy Trails,
Mindy


Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails

is proudly brought to you by
Lil' Red Roan

Lil' Red Roan WILD RAGS
Made in the USA100% SILK


THANK YOU for shopping small! You, our loyal customers, are the driving force behind our small business. Thank you for your patronage and continued support. We are honored to be able to provide quality goods and look forward to serving you again in the future. ~ Mindy

LIKE us on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan

Visit us ONLINE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment