Tuesday, September 21, 2010

13 States ~ day 1 of the Cross Country Trek!

13 States ~ Day 1 of the Cross Country Trek!

Up & at em' early Saturday morning Melina, Gus (Melina's trusty blue heeler) & I set out on our trek across country!

Drum Roll Please.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

THIS is what it felt like I spent the next 5 years of my life looking at .....TREES, TREES .... & MORE TREES!!!!

A whirlwind of states, cities, farmland & miles & miles of great American Highway in front of us!!!
I think we took in about 13 states the 1st day
A brief view into the bizarre inner workings of my head. Every time I saw a Cumberland sign....this song would start playing in my head :) lol
"Sweeter than the dew on a honeysuckle vine, Hotter than noon on the Fourth of July, Cutest little girl that I ever have known Waitin' at the church on Cumberland Road."

"o-ah, I didn't know this bored-out Ford could go so slow.
Wo-ah, You got to put your foot down on the floor, '
Cause we been rocking all night, now, don't you know
You gotta get me to the church on Cumberland road."
CHURCH ON CUMBERLAND ROAD by Shenandoah



Thru Tunnels

The country side was filled with so of the most AMAZING BARNS I'd ever seen in my whole life! You could take a year & still not see all the amazing old buildings across the USA!







The Road Goes On Forever & the Party Never Ends!!!
(below is one of my very favorite pictures from the whole trip!!!!)

This lil' trip could have easliy been made in 2 days but Melina Melina is amazing & let us do a little sight seeing along the way! Watch out day 2! Touring, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment