I am about to share a family recipe that has been passed down from generations. My mother still makes them for special guests and friends. This isn't just any sugar cookie recipe. These are moist, delicious, and the things that candy land dreams are made of! TODAY.....I'm going to share Grandma May's Sugar Cookie Recipe with you!
Party Guest List for the Grandma May's Sugar Cookie Dough
Look at this old school mixer. It's a mixing beast!
Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
(except the the baking soda)
Use 5 cups flour. You can add in more when rolling them out if needed
alternating with sour cream concoction until it is all added in.
(Wanna SEE MORE of the BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN and MARTINY LEATHER CARVED CERAMIC TILE, Click here Cut out your favorite cookie cutter design.
Mom uses a classic ribbed circle here.
(I don't love the ribbed cookie cutters because they are harder to clean)
Now you have 2 choices: Throw them in the oven to cook at 370-375
and add frosting after they are cooled
Add sprinkles right now.
We did a set of each.
Pictured below are naked sugar cookies, out of the oven and on the cooling rack.
These are a little under done. Mom remarked that you don't want wrinkles. When cooked to perfection, they are beautifully smooth on the top.
1/2 cube cream cheese
4-5 cups of powdered sugar (usually we just wing it)
Drizzle in just enough milk to give it a good spreading consistency
Drop or 2 of your desired food coloring.
Mom usually makes PINK :)Mix away with your other mixing attachment that you've been dying to use!
Frost and enjoy your creations!
Hope you & your family enjoy Grandma May's Sugar Cookies as much as we do!
Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
LIKE us on facebook!
Visit us ONLINE!!
P.S. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
- Sour Cream Apple Pie ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/02/sour-cream-apple-pie.html
- If the Chuck Wagon's Rockin ~ My Shepard's Pie ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/03/if-chuck-wagons-rockin-my-shepards-pie.html
- Uncle Jim's Famous Beer Batter Bread ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/09/uncle-jims-famous-beer-batter-bread.html
- Cowboy Approved Sandwiches ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/10/cowboy-approved-sandwich.html
- Best Brownies in the World ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/11/best-brownies-in-world.html
- Cheesy Card Game Chip Dip ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/11/cheesy-card-game-chip-dip.html
- Yummy Potatoes ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2011/12/yummy-potatoes.html
- Snicker Doodle Salad ~ http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/snicker-doodle-salad.html
- Wild West Lasagna ~http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/wild-west-lasanga-no-cook-noodle-lasgna.html
- Just for You Sweet Pea ~ Sugar Snap Pea Appetizer: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/just-for-you-sweet-pea-sugar-snap-pea.html
- Treat Your Taste Buds - Tomato Salad: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/treat-your-taste-buds-tomato-salad.html
- Bucking B.L.T.omato Salad Sandwich: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/bucking-bltomato-salad-sandwich.html
- Bronc Rider to Breakfast- Ham & Cheese Crossiant: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/bronc-rider-to-breakfast-ham-cheese.html
- Fill Your Feed Bunk - Homemade Pizza: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/fill-your-own-feed-bunk-homemade-pizza.html
- Sow Your Wild Oats ~ No Bake Cookies: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/sow-your-wild-oats-no-bake-cookies.html
- Cause a Commotion~ Creamy Tomato Soup: http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/01/cause-commotion-creamy-tomato-soup.html
- IDAHO COWBOY~Homemade Potato Soup:http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/02/idaho-cowboy-homemade-potato-soup.html
- GRANDMA MAY'S SUGAR COOKIES:http://rodeotalesgypsytrails.blogspot.com/2012/04/grandma-mays-sugar-cookies.html