Monday, July 16, 2012

2012 Rodeo Trail, Part 2

Never underestimate the Power of a Sincere THANK YOU.

So many blessings to be Thankful for Today!  Continuing down the 2012 Rodeo Trail and wanted to give a quick shout out to a few of the beautiful places, and pretty faces that are making this summer grand!
  • Working Woodrow, the cowdog: Right before the 4th of July Rodeo run I had the opportunity to take my dog, Woodrow, to trainer, Rodney Hopwood.  We worked on the fundamentals of Starting and Training Cowdogs.  It was awesome and I learned so much.  Again, the owner has so much more to learn than the dog but I'm working at it.   Woodrow is a little stud!  So excited about our progress!
    Woodrow, the Working Cow Dog!
    Huge Thank You to the entire Hopwood family for their hospitality.  Great weekend spent with family and friends.  Thank You to Tim and Jan Moore for hosting a great dinner and Cowboy Church revival.  Thank You to Grandpa and Barbara for a taking me to a beautiful Mass and letting me share the morning.  A HUGE THANK YOU to my Aunt Carol for the amazing hospitality and letting me spend the weekend.  LOVE Sunday!  Big family lunch with everyone, homemade ice cream!  It was like a day out of a story book.  Great food, family, and friends! 
  • Hailey, Idaho - Days of the Old West Rodeo: Let the Games Begin!!!  The 4th of July and a kick off to Cowboy Christmas!!!  No where else I'd rather be.  Beautiful new rodeo facility nestled in the Sawtooth Mountains and FILLED to the Max with the best rodeo fans in the world!!!  Great crowd, wonderful crew, talented contestants, AMAZING Rodeo Stock, and surrounded by Rodeo family!  So thankful to be on the Rodeo Trail! 
  • Zamora & Shiraldi Rehearsal Dinner : BEES BASEBALL GAME!!!  Not only was this one of the coolest rehearsal dinners I've ever been to....It is quite possibly the 1st real baseball game I've ever attended!  What a blast!  Great ball game and the on field scenery was top notch!  ;)
    I even got my 4th of July fireworks fix in!  Thanks so much to Chris & Melina for a Super fun night.  Also, a huge Thank You to the Marriott family, Kacie, and Rita!  Best Baseball traveling partners a girl could ask for. 
    Rita and Mindy Hoggan
    Bees Baseball Game 2012
    Ooo....Aww......Ooo.....Aww :)

  • CONGRATULATIONS to Melina and Chris Shiraldi on a BEAUTIFUL Wedding!  So excited for the happy couple!  Ms. Melina made a very good sort!  Thank You so much for being such great friends.  It was an honor to be able to spend the weekend celebrating with you.  Fun weekend with lots of Rodeo Family!  So great to see everyone like the beautiful Dee Dee, Jayme, Marriotts, Wrights, Sankey's, Gwatney's, and the WILD West family! 
    Wedding Crashers

  • CONGRATULATIONS to Jesse and Lindsay Kruse!  So sad couldn't make it up to join in on the celebration!  Best wishes and hope to see you all soon on the rodeo trail!
  • Tricky Dinner Date: THANK YOU to the McMillan family stopped in on their way to Vernal.  The McMillan kids are trick riders and travel all over the country being awesome.  Super fun family.  Great to get to grill a few burgers and visit.  If you get a chance to see them on the rodeo trail, DO IT!  They rock!  
  • 5 Year Old Outlaws: About 11 am I hear a knock on my door.  Dad has stopped out on the road and dropped off two little cowgirls.  Penelope and the Josey (whom would be referred to as Outlaw for the rest of the day).  We set up tipi's, played in pools, made a slippy slide, and dined on fine foods like hot dogs and PB& J!  What good lil' girls.  We played hard all day long.  Thankful for spending the day with two of my favorite Outlaws!
  • New Puppies!  - When a full brother to Woodrow came up for grabs, I just couldn't resist!
    Meet Mr. Shorty, the newest addition to the Lil' Red Roan family! Mr. Shorty is one month old and cracked out on the rodeo trail this weekend at McCammon.  He's a sweetheart.  Already comes pretty good to his name.
    Mr. Shorty in the lead
    Buddy not far behind
    Mr. Shorty checking out the Breakaway calves
    During slack, I had Mr. Shorty out running around.  A breakaway calf came by and like a streak of lighting Mr. Shorty took off after him. It was hilarious.  Pretty excited about the new pup!
  • McCammon Pionner Days Rodeo:  Wild weekend back on the rodeo trail in McCammon, Idaho!
    Friday the 13th was definitely a LUCKY ONE!  Lucky I didn't get hurt worse and LUCKY I had some DoTerra oils to doctor with!  Geez, sometimes I think I need a bubble wrap suit. 
    Section of bucking horses loaded and I'm standing on the chute where we will buck our 1st horse out from.  I mention that the Stock Saddle Bronc rider might want to tie in his horse.  Well, that being said...I wasn't smart enough to move immediately after I said that.  Horse rares up and somehow I get wacked.  Hit my head off the homemade iron bucking chutes and knocks me off the chute.  I was glad I had on my hard hat (aka cowboy hat :)  Not to worry, it hit me in the head and I'm pretty sure that is the hardest spot on my body.  They are lucky I didn't dent the chute. 

    Good rodeo, rains a little at the end of the performance.  Got a ride with my Aunt Crystal to stay with them at a friends new home in Pocatello.  As I'm getting the house tour.....My ankle gives out walking down a flight of stairs and I crash land at the bottom onto the hard wood floor!  Ya, just call me Grace! Wowzer , all's well that ends well.  Doctored up with some DoTerra Oils and back at it the next day. 

    HUGE THANK YOU to McCammon's Rodeo Committee and everyone in the community that works so hard to put the Pioneer Celebration together.  Thank You to Trevor and Emily Fuhriman.  You rock!  No one I'd rather work with.  Thank You to each and every volunteer that serves tirelessly to make the rodeo go off with out a hitch. Thank you to the great rodeo personnel, quality rodeo stock, and all the contestants that came to play!  Thank You to Allie & Holly for all your work in the office.  Thank you to our judges for working together to make a great rodeo.  THANK YOU to all the amazing fans that stuck it out through rain or shine!  Great weekend on the rodeo trail!  THANK YOU to Hoggan Rodeo for the opportunity to rodeo!

    A special Thank You to Ms Jana Joy Davis for coming over to visit, braiding my hair and laughing even when we want to cry or pull our hair out :) Love ya and you are a Master Sheep Capturer! 
    Also, one last McCammon shout out, Thanks to my Dad, who even when not present, has the power  to completely and totally embarrass me.  Oh but what a funny story it makes.
    LOVED this weekend!
    Clothes soaked clear through.  I get unloaded and make my way back to the house at about 1 in the morning.
    I will never understand how you can get rained on that much and your clothes still be that dirty! 
    As I peeled of the layers and soaked denim, I look over to see this little Peeping Tom  creeping in the window
    lol...what a little weirdo...but she's a great lawn mower.

  •  POWER of THANK YOUNever underestimate the Power of a Sincere THANK YOU.
    I received a phone call from a friend to say a simple, heart felt Thank You.  It was amazing how taking the time to make that call just lifted my spirits and really brightened my day.

    Thankful for the glorious rain that we are receiving and so many answered prayers
    Thankful for a great Rodeo weekend!  Thankful to able to do what I love.  Thankful for communities working together. 
    Thankful for Police Officers serving tirelessly to keep us safe.  Thank You for the help with my trailer lights last night with a load of rodeo stock.
    Thankful for being surrounded by great friends!  Work or play, it is all the same when in great company. Thankful for those who know you and Love you anyway.





    "The heavy rain kept on, then got finer and settled down to a steady wetting of all out of doors.
    He'd never smelled nor heard anything so good as the rain falling on the sod.



    The thirsty range streched out under it like a sponge,grass heads straightened out of the ground and

    shot up to meet tthe drops, cattle shook themselves and bellered and played .
    Every living thing took on new life . "


    Big Enough by Will James
    pg. 274
  • In closing, I would like to leave you with one of my favorite Will James Quotes.  May the Lord bless you with rain or whatever you are in need of.  Thank You so much for traveling the Gypsy Trail with me today ~ Mindy
    Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
    is proudly brought to you by
    Lil' Red Roan

    MARTINY Pendants ~ Unique, one of a kind leather pendents handmade by Nancy Martiny
    To ORDER email: martinysaddl@yahoo.com of call 208-876-4227
    THANK YOU for shopping small! You, our loyal customers, are the driving force behind our small business. Thank you for your patronage and continued support. We are honored to be able to provide quality goods and look forward to serving you again in the future. ~ Mindy
    Visit us ONLINE!!
    p.s. Here is a few more of my favorite things
  • Lovely Lady Leg Knives
  • Sortin' Pens
  • Original Cowgirl Cuffs
  • WILD RAGS
  • Lil' Red Roan Hoodies
  • Love Letters from the West
  • Lil' Red Roan Christmas Ornaments
  • Lil' Buckaroo Gear & Apparel


No comments:

Post a Comment