Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brad Remer Memorial Rodeo

Brad Remer Memorial Rodeo

Arco, Idaho

Thank you to the Arco Community, Rodeo Committee, and most of all my Aunt Crystal for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the 2011 Brad Remer Memorial Rodeo. Once the Atomic Days Rodeo, this was the first Brad Remer Memorial. Brad passed away just days before while on the rodeo trail doing what he loved.

Brad Remer was such an amazing man and I was privileged to know him. Just weeks before I’d done a photo shoot for the Arco committee and had the opportunity to work with some local stars, Brad and some of his beautiful grandkids included.

Here are a few shots from that day. I still regret not taking any pictures of Brad but I will always remember him in my heart.














Even at his Memorial service, I continued to learn from Brad. His amazing life was testified of by all of the friends and family that gathered together to honor his life. As Brad’s friends and family filed into the auditorium I saw something that I’d never seen before.

I realized the importance of companionship. As you see a couple walking down the isle, grief stricken and holding one another up. It is through the trials that you see the true strength with in.

Supporting through the grief, there through the good & bad….it was that moment that I understood the blessing that sharing your life with someone could offer.

Some of the most valuable lessons I learned from Brad were that he was ALWAYS helping others. I can’t even count the amount of times Brad went above and beyond to help us on a Senior Pro Rodeo run. Running cattle, gathering bulls, tying calves, Brad never shirked a task. Words could never do justice to the legacy that Brad left behind. All I can say is I am honored that I was blessed with his friendship.

Thank you for traveling the gypsy trail with me today.

Thank You all so much for visiting!

Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
is proudly brought to you by

Lil' Red Roan



FALL FABULOUSNESS from Lil' Red Roan! ~
Quality hand carved leather bracelets, Beautiful jewelry, Lovely lady leg KNIVES, & MORE!
Come SHOPPING with Lil' Red Roan today!

LIKE us on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan


No comments:

Post a Comment