Sunday, October 9, 2011

Load'em in the Dark

Rexburg – Rodeo on the 5th of July
Obviously if you rodeo July 2, 3, 4….and there is a rodeo on the 5 th….You should drive half the night to go to it! After the final performance at Hailey came to a close, I loaded up the rig and headed for home. 4 th of July fireworks lit up the night sky on my late night drive.
Hoggan Rodeo had a perf on the 5 th and it was only about 30 minutes away so obviously….I had to go : )
It had been a long time since I’d been to the Rexburg Rodeo, back when Grandpa was alive I’m sure. Rexburg’s 4 th of July reminds me of my rodeo youth. Watching fireworks with Kristen Hill and crew…, saying Oooo and Awww. We could climb up on top of the semi to watch. From up there you felt like you were so close you could almost touch the stars. We Oooo’d & Awww’d with each explosion of light, flittering colors, loud boom, snap, crackle, and pop. ~ Always fun with the friends and extended “Rodeo family”. ~
Now that I’m older it is a little different. I’m not even sure if I saw fireworks. If I did, it was while running down an alley sorting bulls or feeding stock. I came home behind the Freightliner and helped get horses unloaded at a neighbors. Nothing like stumbling around in the dark of the night at strange corrals. ; )
Back down to Grandma’s to get things ready for the truck to arrive and doing chores.
Standing in the cool still dark midnight air, there is calm, quite, and tranquil feeling.
Nothing but the sound of baby calves eating their grain.
The yard light at the barn casts a soft light throughout the corrals.
In the distance you can hear a soft rumble as the semi gets closer to home
Faint shadows dance on the board fence of the loading chute.
Rodeo bulls, heads held high, returning home from competition victorious
Unloading is always one of my favorite times. The still and solitude of the moment. The whole world seems to slow down and it is just you and the stock as they parade by one at a time, headed back to the pasture after a successful rodeo weekend on the road.
Thankful for a great time on the rodeo trail.
Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
is proudly brought to you by

Lil' Red Roan



FALL FABULOUSNESS from Lil' Red Roan! ~
Quality hand carved leather bracelets, Beautiful jewelry, Lovely lady leg KNIVES, & MORE!
Come SHOPPING with Lil' Red Roan today!

LIKE us on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/LittleRedRoan


No comments:

Post a Comment