Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Exactly Where I'm Supposed to Be

A while ago I was rushing to an appointment.  Over scheduled and running behind. 
When I reached the exit on fumes I decided that I had better fuel up or I'd be walking home.
Of course, this close to home, you run into acquaintances that want to visit.  Running even later now, I hop in my car and head out.  
Construction....great...just what I need.  As I am crossing the contruction filled overpass, I see a boy holding a sheep with a halter.  In the midst of all the construction cones was a sheep!  I did a double take in disbelief as I drove by.
"Every day brings a chance to live free of regret
and with as much joy, fun, and laughter as you can stand"
~Oprah
As soon as my gaze turned forward again in the distance I would see a band of sheep headed straight towards me!!!! The herd was preparing to cross the overpass and even in my rush to make my appointment...I could see there was no use in trying to go through.  I pulled my car to the side of the road and  hopped out to make a wing and the help the herders keep the band moving. 
"Getting there isn't half the fun....it's all the fun"
Robert Townsend


That little traffic jam had been just the obstacle that I needed to slow my mind down and focus on the reality of the matter.  "I am exactly where I am supposed to be" I would arrive to my appointment when I got there.  No amount of worrying or rushing in my mind would improve the situation.  They only thing worrying would accomplish for sure was ...ruining the enjoyment I could have along the beautiful drive through Medicine Lodge. 


Wonder is a form of wealth that is universally available
~ unknown

 As the band of sheep passed me on the trail, I continued on to my appointment.  This time, I was not rushing.  I had more than enough time. The trip through Lower Lodge was beautiful.  When I arrived to my appointment we actually got more done than I had even planned on. 


Thankful for every obstacle & blessing in my beautiful Medicine Lodge drive and the valuable lessons learned from construction and a band of sheep! 
Ability to Delight in the Present and I am exactly where I am meant to be! Thank you so much for traveling the gypsy trail with me today!  Hope you enjoyed our little detour .
Happy Trails ~ Mindy 
Rodeo Tales & Gypsy Trails
is proudly brought to you by
Beautiful BEADED BELT CUFFS by Martiny Saddle Co.
available now from Lil' Red Roan!

Beaded Belt Cuffs from Martiny Saddle Co.
Beaded Belt Cuffs from Martiny Saddle
Visit us ONLINE!!
http://www.lilredroan.com/

p.s. Here is a few more of my favorite things



3 comments:

  1. Yep, you were where you needed to be! How lucky to experience something like that. In Kansas we don't have many sheep, and definetly don't have "sheep drives" Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - amazing how a sheep helped you slow down and find a grain of truth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by Home on the Range & Elizabeth! I appreciate the visit.
    Have a great day
    ~ Mindy

    ReplyDelete